So I'm sitting here this Sunday afternoon feeling a little sorry for myself. Zach just got called to cover an avalanche and will be gone until probably 10pm or later. I know you all know how that goes. I didn't know he was on call so wasn't even prepared for the possibility. Ok, I'm done with the pity party. :)
We are doing well here in Centerville. We really like the area...our ward is awesome with lots of young families similar to ours. We have THREE nurseries with plans for a fourth sometime this year! Its crazy. There are always new people being announced on Sundays too.
Zach's work is fine regardless of some of the crazy hours. He enjoys covering interesting stories...he even got to cover a press conference with Robert Redford at the Sundance Festival. My designing work has been pretty busy, I'm finishing up some projects the end of this month and then taking February off to regroup. If anyone is interested here are a few sites I've done recently: https://aimeebroussard.com/, http://gigglesgalore.net/, http://www.michelleaxtonkelly.com/
As you know, it was Alexis' 4th birthday a couple weeks ago. I can't believe its been 4 years! We decided to celebrate by visiting her grave, decorating it and releasing 4 pink balloons.
Scott even came out to see where she is buried and that really meant a lot to us! We also appreciated the messages some of you sent saying you were thinking of us.
Then we went to a play place for kids, called Jungle Jims, that she may have enjoyed if she were here.
![]() |
| Having birthday cake - Our forever family :) |
While we were there a family came in to celebrate their boy's 4th birthday. Zach told me later that that family was in his mom's ward and their boy was born January 14th, the day before Alexis. Somehow the mom of this boy found out about Alexis 4 years ago and would let Alex hold him during church and was really sweet. I don't think it was a coincidence that that family came to the same place we were that day. I like to think it was a tender mercy, telling us Alexis was near. It was a fun place and bitter sweet to think of Alexis running around having fun with her cousins, if she had lived. I'm sure she was there and Addi had a lot of fun for the both of them.
![]() |
| A little blurry but me holding onto Bella for dear life on the roller coaster that was MUCH faster than I expected it to be! :) |
Addi is getting so old and constantly amazing us with the things she learns and remembers. Her latest thing is when we say its time to leave or to go to bed she says "Play for minutes?", she is quite the negotiator. :) She still loves the princesses and Curious George. She also is getting quite good at maneuvering on our smart phones!
![]() |
| Making sugar cookies for the first time...flour was EVERYWHERE! |
![]() |
| Sisters...you'll notice Bella doing her "ab excersices" - she does this ALL THE TIME! Its hilarious. |
Bella is also getting so big! It makes me sad she isn't my tiny baby anymore. She just had her 6 month check up (at more like 7 months) and weighed in at a little over 16 lbs. She just recently started sitting up on her own and is such a happy baby. She loves to kick, squeal and give us the biggest, cutest smiles. She also LOVES baby food, she just gobbles it up.
![]() |
| hahaha...ab exercises again :)...sorry about the bad phone pics |
Well, thats all for now. We miss everyone and wish we could see you more often. I guess this blog will have to be the next best thing. We look forward to reading everyone's posts and seeing your fun pictures!
I'll leave you with a few random pictures from the holidays....
![]() |
| Visiting the lights at Temple Square |
![]() |
| Christmas Sunday...not a great quality picture but cute nonetheless! |
![]() |
| Addi and Eliza the reindeers. :) Christmas Eve at Kristin and Greg's. |
![]() |
The kitchen was a huge success!
![]() |
| Addi LOVES the princess castle from Grandma and Grandpa |
![]() |
| Bella enjoyed eating the bows. And yes she grabbed that bow off the present next to her all by herself. |
![]() |
| New Years Eve PAR-TAY! :) |
![]() |
| Picnic in the front room for New Years Eve! |
We love you!
Love
Amy




















These pictures are SO cute Amy! What a great way to remember Alexis, and what fun Christmas pics. The kitchen looks awesome, and your girls look so grown up and darling. We love you all
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteAmy and Zach,Thank you soooo much for your post and the pictures. Christmas looks like so much fun - the girls are darling in their Christmas dresses, your tree is so pretty, etc. We love you! Love, Mom and Dad
So, So fun!!! The girls are growning so fast! I too cannot believe that Alexis would be 4 - wow! I loved the way you celebrated her on her birthday - I am SURE that she was there and smiling the whole time! Give your family hugs and kisses from all the Wades. We love you!
ReplyDelete