Dear Family,
Happy Valentine's Day - a little late! A big "thank-you" to those who sent Valentine's Day wishes...we enjoyed reading them and seeing your pictures. We love all of you so much and love to hear from you and pictures are a big bonus! We had a quiet Valentine's Day. We worked the afternoon shift at the temple (2:00 - 10:00 PM) and so we weren't able to go out to dinner - we went to brunch instead! There is a really cute breakfast/lunch place down the street from us that has yummy omelets, pancakes, french toast, etc. Our sessions at the temple were pretty full, so it was a good day. We had a fast trip to Utah the weekend before...It was fun to see everyone there...We were glad we were able to catch one of Jacob's basketball games and play with Eliza, Bella and Addi. Dad and some of the guys drove to Provo to see BYU play SF State (too bad they lost right at the end!). Tomorrow we are driving to Mariposa to visit the ward there. We have a lot going on the next few weeks....We have been invited to attend some meetings, lunch and dinner along with a special stake conference with Elder Bassett (our area seventy), Elder Rasband and Elder Christopherson who are coming for the meetings. Our mission president, President Gelwix, and his wife were asked to accompany Elder Rasband to Merced for their stake conference and we are to go with Elder Christopherson to Visalia for the stake conference there. I'm sure the meetings will be wonderful. Meantime, I am working on a talk I have to give in a RS meeting in Visalia in a couple of weeks and a presentation I have to give at a Woman's Conference later this spring. Dad and I have also been asked to speak at an institute meeting this week and at another RS meeting in June.....Thankfully, we can share a lot of the same material wherever we go...
I'm SO grateful for ALL of the help you ALL continually give us...Zach and Amy helped me format a DVD presentation I am presenting; Stacie made a card with a picture of our temple on it with a quote we like to use; Jenny is always bailing me out of my computer problems; Scott, Greg and Kristin take such good care of our home in Utah, ice and all; Cinda and Kevin are so nice to let us come and stay with them when we can get away for a quick trip; and Kevin made my life much easier by giving me a shot of cortisone in the shoulder and hand! I can now sleep undisturbed through the night, which is such a blessing! You are all wonderful! Just a reminder....February is almost over and we asked for a commitment of at least one entry on the blog from each of you each month....We hope to hear from you this week!! Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.